Hips have a role in every movement of your body, so hip problems can drastically affect your quality of life.
Remember the childhood song “Them Bones?” The hip bone’s connected to the thigh bone. The thigh bone’s connected to the… Hip bones are key to movement, so if you suffer from hip pain you may also feel discomfort in your lower back, in your groin or the middle of your thigh.
Hip pain is a common problem and yet treatment options vary and depend on an accurate diagnosis. Hip pain often masks underlying causes, which may include:
- Inflammation or swelling above the hip bone
- Overuse of the tendons around the hip
- Back or spine problems
- Restricted blood flow to the hip
- Stress fracture from injury or osteoporosis
- Snapping hip
Some signs that you may have a hip condition are:
- Discomfort when walking
- Injury or pain around your hip
- Pain that occurs at night or while resting
- Chronic hip pain
- Inability to bend the hip
- Swelling or signs of infection
If you are experiencing pain or issues, please contact us. Our team is here to help you diagnose and rehabilitate your hip.