Medical Legal Services
New Mexico Orthopaedics offers medical-legal services to the workers’ compensation and liability insurance communities.
Our physicians are respected for having provided these services in New Mexico for many years; their reports carry the authority of esteemed professionals who have earned the community’s trust.
- Our medical legal services include Independent Medical Evaluations (IMEs), impairment ratings and second opinions. Download our Medical Legal Services brochure. If you’d like to request Medical Legal Services, please download & complete our request form and fax or it to us with a complete copy of the records in chronological order to:
New Mexico Orthopaedics
Attn: Medical Legal Service Coordinator
201 Cedar St., SE, Suite 6600
Albuquerque, NM 87108
Fax: (505) 724-3299
Phone: (505) 724-3238
About IMEs And Panel Evaluations
IME reports include a detailed history of treatment, a review and summarization of records, and a complete physical examination of the patient.
- NMO can coordinate panel evaluations with other physicians in our clinic, if needed.
- Our evaluating physicians are experts in their specialties and in New Mexico law.
- To calculate Impairment Ratings, our doctors do a comprehensive exam to assess the patient’s injury, impairments and functional capabilities.
- We offer second opinions for situations that do not require the complexity of an IME, if they are needed by patients, adjusters and attorneys.
- We work closely with adjusters, attorneys and all other parties to understand and support the complexities of each case.
Along with our Worklink team, which manages on-the-job injuries, you can count on us to simplify the process. To schedule your medical / legal needs with us, please contact our Worklink department at (505) 724-3201.